- Stone & Webster finishes buying up Seattle's private street railways to from Seattle Electric Company and wins 40-year city franchise.
- First automobile arrives in Seattle.
- King County begins operating ferries on Lake Washington.
- Construction of interurban railways to Tacoma and Everett begins.
- Puget Sound Electric Railway begins interurban service between Seattle and Tacoma on September 25.
- West Seattle becomes the first city in the United States to own and operate a street railway.
- Streetcar employees of Seattle strike on September 9. The union demands a change in seniority and time-and-a-half for overtime.
- Seattle's King Street Station opens on May 10.
King Street Station, 1906.
Photo courtesy Museum of History & Industry (MOHAI).
- Great Northern Railroad completes tunnel under downtown Seattle.
1850 1870 1880 1890 1900 1910 1920 1930 1940 1950 1960 1970 1980 1990 2000