Route Descriptions & Maps
To learn more about the changes, select a route number and read the description.
- Will serve new 161st Avenue NE, Leary Way, and West Lake Sammamish Parkway NE between the Redmond Transit Center and Old Redmond Road (this change will take place in February 2012, after the city completes construction of the 161st Avenue NE extension).
- Will serve 148th Avenue NE between Old Redmond Road and NE 8th Street and will not serve NE 51st Street, 156th Avenue NE, or the Overlake Transit Center at NE 40th Street.
- Will serve NE 8th Street, Crossroads, and the 164th Avenue SE corridor.
- The route number will change to Route 241
- Routing between Factoria and the Bellevue Transit Center will change to serve the South Bellevue Park-and-Ride and 112th Avenue SE.
Routes 225 (and 229)
- These routes will be deleted and replacement trips will be added on Route 212 between the Eastgate Park-and-Ride and Downtown Seattle.
Route 230 (and 253)
- Route 253 will be deleted and its service hours will be reinvested in the RapidRide B Line.
- The eastern part of Route 230 (between Bellevue and Redmond) will be deleted and the service hours will be reinvested in the B Line.
- Route 230 service to NE 8th Street (east of 156th Avenue NE) and Northup Way will be replaced with revised Route 233 (renumbered as 226).
- The western part of Route 230 (between Bellevue and Totem Lake) will be kept but renumbered as Route 235 and moved to 116th Avenue NE between NE 10th Street and the South Kirkland Park-and-Ride to serve the hospital district. Trips will alternate with Route 234 between the Kirkland and Bellevue transit centers via 116th Avenue NE.
- The route number will be changed to Route 226
- Route 226 will be extended to the Eastgate Park-and-Ride via NE 24th Street, Northup, Crossroads, 156th Avenue SE, Lake Hills Boulevard, and Bellevue College.
- The northern part of Route 233 that runs between Overlake and the Bear Creek Park-and-Ride will be deleted.
- The hours saved by deleting Route 926 will be reinvested in Route 226.
- Sunday service will be added.
- The part of this route that runs between Old Bellevue and the Bellevue Transit Center via Main Street will be deleted.
- Routes 230 (renumbered as 235) and 234 between the Kirkland and Bellevue transit centers will be scheduled to be evenly spaced in both directions at all times of service.
- Route 234 will be revised to use the same routing between the Kirkland Transit Center and South Kirkland as Route 230 (renumbered as 235).
- Route 240 will be moved to serve Eastgate Park-and-Ride via Richards Road and 112th Avenue SE and SE 36th Street.
- Route 240 will end at the Bellevue Transit Center.
- Clyde Hill service will be replaced with revised Route 246.
- Route 245 will be revised between Bellevue College and 156th Avenue and Main Street to serve Main Street, 140th Avenue SE, and 145th Place SE instead of 148th Avenue SE, 156th Avenue SE, and Lake Hills Boulevard.
- Route 246 will be extended to Clyde Hill from the Bellevue Transit Center.
- The part of Route 246 that runs between Eastgate and Richards Road via SE 26th Street will be deleted.
- This route will be deleted and its resources will be used to improve the Eastside network.
- Vanpool information will be provided to Kent Boeing commuters and information about routes 153, 342, 560, and 566 will be provided to Renton commuters.
- This route will be revised to:
- Serve the new overcrossing of SR-520 at NE 31st / 36th streets and 148th Avenue NE north of NE 24th Street.
- Serve NE 40th Street between Bel-Red Road and West Lake Sammamish Parkway NE.
- Serve the South Kirkland Park-and-Ride with all trips, seven days a week.
- Serve Bellevue Way NE instead of 116th Avenue NE between south Kirkland and the Bellevue Transit Center, with revised Route 230 (renumbered as 235) shifted to 116th Avenue NE.
- Extend to the South Bellevue Park-and-Ride via Main Street, Enatai, and Beaux Arts.
- Midday trip frequency will be improved to every 30 minutes.
- Sunday service will be added.
- The route will end/begin at the Overlake Transit Center instead of the Redmond Transit Center.
- Route 250 will not operate north of NE 40th Street, and will be revised between NE 24th Street and SR-520 to serve 152nd Avenue NE, NE 36th Street (including the bridge over SR-520), and 148th Avenue NE.
- Route 250 will no longer go into the Overlake Park-and-Ride, but will use new stops on 152nd Avenue NE, a short walk from the park-and-ride.
- Trips will be added to improve Route 255 frequency to every 10 minutes in both directions during weekday peak periods (6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.) between 116th Avenue NE/NE 128th Street and downtown Seattle.
- Trips will be added to improve Route 255 frequency on weekday evenings (7:15 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.) to every 30 minutes in both directions between 116th Avenue NE/NE 128th Street and downtown Seattle.
- This route will be deleted and its resources will be used to add more trips on Route 255 between Kirkland and downtown Seattle.
- Route 261 will be deleted and the service hours will be reinvested to improve the Eastside transit network.
- The eastern terminal of Route 265 will be moved to the Overlake Transit Center instead of the Redmond Transit Center. The route will serve 148th Avenue NE between NE 40th Street and Old Redmond Road.
- The route will continue to use NE 70th Street; it will not end at the Houghton Park-and-Ride.
- This route will be deleted and its resources will be reinvested in the intra-Eastside network.
- More midday trips will be added on weekdays to improve service frequency to every 15 minutes in both directions.
- More trips will be added to improve frequency during all weekday peak periods to every 10 minutes.
- More trips will be added between the Bellevue Transit Center and the University District in the busiest peak hour.
- This route will be deleted and its resources will be reinvested in the Eastside network.
- This route will be deleted and its resources will be reinvested in revised routes 221, 233 (renumbered as 226), and 245.