How to Pay your Fare
Paying your fare is faster and easier on RapidRide using the following payment methods:
Use an ORCA card
- At stations with ORCA card readers, tap your card at the reader and board through any door.
- At other stops, enter through the front door of the bus and tap your card, just like a regular Metro bus.
- Guidelines for paying off-board on E Line during peak periods (6 – 9 a.m. and 3 – 6 p.m.)
- If you have a valid paper transfer (or non-ORCA pass), you also can enter through the two back doors. You don't need to go through the front door.
- The paper transfer is your proof of payment. Keep it with you at all times when riding because a fare enforcement officer may ask to see it.
Cash or tickets
- Enter through the front door, and pay your fare. If you're paying with cash, please have the exact fare ready; drivers do not carry change.
- On RapidRide, the driver will always give you a paper transfer when paying with cash or using tickets. This transfer also acts as your proof of payment so keep it with you in case you need to show it to a fare enforcement officer.
Be prepared for fare inspections
If requested, show the fare enforcement officer your ORCA card or paper transfer for proof of payment. If you do not have proof of payment on RapidRide, you are subject to a citation and fine, RCW 35.58.580.