Rideshare Rewards & Promotions
Sharing a ride is rewarding. Whether you carpool, vanpool or use vanshare in your commute, you can save time, utilize HOV lanes, and best of all, put money in your wallet saving you commute costs AND receiving rewards!
Bookmark this page and check back frequently to learn about new rewarding rideshare opportunities for King County commuters.
Call 206-625-4500 for more information and to form your vanshare today!
King County Metro Transit and Sound Transit are partnering on a promotion to get more transit riders to form home-to-station vanshare groups — these groups split a monthly fare to share the ride in a King County Metro vanshare. Riders and volunteer drivers take the van from their homes to a Sound Transit parking facility for a shared ride and a guaranteed parking spot as they take transit the rest of the way to work.
For a limited time, Metro and Sound Transit are offering:
- Special pricing, half-off the monthly fare to the first six groups to start a home-to-station vanshare driving to Sound Transit station lots or Park & Ride facilities.
- We are also reducing the ridership requirements and providing guaranteed vanshare parking for the first six months! You can start your vanshare with just three or more riders (instead of the usual five riders needed) and have six months to recruit just two additional riders.
- During this six months, receive half-off the regular fare (normally $185) and split the remaining $92.50 with other participants:
- With three riders each pay $30.84
- With four riders each pay $23.13
- With five riders each pay $18.50
*This promotional incentive is available to home-to-station vanshares parking at Sound Transit facilities only!
- Plus, be eligible for additional rideshare rewards! Start a NEW King County Metro vanshare and each new participant could qualify for a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
Please visit Sound Transit’s Rider Guide for a list of their parking facilities.
Start a NEW King County Metro vanpool or vanshare and each new participant could receive a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
Ready to get rewarded?
- You provide four (or more) other commuters you can share a ride to work with. Metro will provide the van, gas, insurance and maintenance. Check out our commuter van starter kit for tips on getting your van on the road and a worksheet to iron out the pertinent details.
- Collect a complete and signed program application from each member. Email all competed forms to email@example.com or fax them to 206-684-2166.
- Once all forms are received, your Rideshare Services Representative (RSR) will walk you through the rest of the process and help you get your new group on the road!
- After the formation process is complete (usually 2-3 weeks), your RSR will schedule a time for the van to be picked up and give your group instructions on how to redeem their $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
- To be considered a participant of a new group, the participant must be listed on the Statement of Understanding signed upon pick-up of the van. Anyone joining the group after this time will be considered to have joined an existing group.
- Participant must have a completed Metro commuter van program application on file with Rideshare Operations.
- Participant must not have participated in any commuter van program within the past three months prior to starting a new Metro commuter van.
- If an existing van splits into two groups, only the new participants of the new group who meet the criteria above will be eligible for this promotion.
- Promotion is only for New King County Metro vanpool or vanshare groups that start between February 1 and December 31, 2014.
Recruit a new participant into your, or any other existing King County Metro Commuter Van and get $50. Recruit two new participants and get $100!
Ready to get rewarded?
- Make sure the new participant completes a program application and faxes it to 206-684-2166 or scans and emails it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to RideshareOnline.com to sign up for a new account (or log in to your existing account), click on the Rewards tab and select Incentive Programs.
- Click ‘Submit Request’ for the King County Metro Commuter Van 2014 Recruit #1 and complete the form.
- If you have two recruits, repeat the process for King County Metro Commuter Van 2014 Recruit #2
- Once your recruit verifies that you recruited them, you will receive a code to redeem your $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
- Recruiter and recruit must be current members of the King County Metro Commuter Van Program.
- Recruiting rewards are limited and are first come/first serve. Only two recruiting rewards per recruiter.
- Recruit must not have participated in any commuter van program within the past three months prior to joining a Metro commuter van.
- Recruit must have joined a Metro commuter van after program start date of January 1, 2014.
- Recruit and recruiter must both have a completed Metro commuter van program application file with Rideshare Operations.
- Recruiters who were rewarded in 2013 are encouraged to recruit again in 2014.
- King County Metro will not intervene or mediate in discrepancies or disputes between the recruit and recruiter.
Every month in 2014, 50 lucky winners will win a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card just for sharing the ride!
Simply start carpooling or participating in a van commute at least seven times a month (that's less than twice a week). Track your commute using the RideshareOnline.com calendar and you will automatically be entered into the monthly drawing.
Looking for a carpool partner or an existing commuter van to join? RideshareOnline.com can help. Register for your free account at RideshareOnline.com and this ridematching tool will securely match your trip with other registered co-workers or commuters who have a similar commute.
This promotion is open to new or existing carpool, vanpool and vanshare participants who live or work in King County. Drawings will be held on the 5th of each month, or the first business day after. The last drawing will be held on January 5, 2015 for December's commute calendar.
The Commute Coach is the coordinator of the new vanpool or vanshare while the group is forming. The coach recruits commuters, organizes the group and assists the team to cross the finish line in their new commuter van. Earn a $100 MasterCard Rewards Card for organizing your new Metro vanpool or vanshare today!
Connect with us:
For more information
Contact the Rideshare Services Representative at Metro Rideshare Operations:
- Send an email
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 1-800-833-6388
- Fax: 206-684-2166
- Mailing Address: KSC-TR-0812, 201 South Jackson St, Seattle, WA 98104-0770