Rewards & Promotions
Sharing a ride is rewarding.
Whether you carpool, vanpool or use vanshare in your commute, you can save time, utilize HOV lanes, and best of all, put money in your wallet saving you commute costs AND receiving rewards!
Bookmark this page and check back frequently to learn about new rewarding rideshare opportunities for King County commuters.
Are you ready for the 2016 #VanpoolSummerChallenge? Just as the best athletes in the world will soon be striving for glory and bragging rights, we want to give the best vanpoolers in the world a chance to do the same (and get a chance to bring home the gold for their own groups!).
The Summer Challenge kicks off August 8th and will feature 10 exciting days of challenge and creativity. Every morning, we will post the daily challenge to our Facebook page. Once we do, submit your ‘entry’ for that day by commenting on that post.
Use this calendar to view the schedule, get your team ready, plan out your group efforts, and get your ‘entries’ ready to post. Make sure to include your group number in your comment to be considered eligible.
Eligible King County Metro commuter groups will have a chance to win grand prizes of Gold ($300), Silver ($150), and Bronze ($75). Plus, daily winners will take home a $50 MasterCard gift card!
All daily entries will be kept and submitted for the final random drawing. Only one submission may be posted per day per group. However some daily challenges may have opportunities for bonus entries.
Every group that submits all ten entries will get the Decathlon award worth 10 bonus entries!
Eligibility and Rules
- Summer Challenge Dates 8:00 a.m. Monday, August 8th, 2016 to 5:00 p.m. Friday, August 19th, 2016.
- Eligibility Summer Challenge is open to any active King County Commuter Van Program commute group.
- Team Captain Each participating group should pick one ‘team captain’ from the group who has a Facebook page and who will be able to make posts to our Facebook page in response to the daily challenge. Team captains must have a current commuter van program application on file with our office that includes a valid email address.
- Name Differences Team captains who use a different name on their Facebook account than on their commuter van program application must email firstname.lastname@example.org with a message including both names.
- Daily Challenge / Drawing Entry Each day, Rideshare Operations staff will post a daily challenge from the calendar above. Once that day’s challenge has been posted, team captains may submit their drawing entry for that day by commenting on that daily challenge post.
- Groups may create their challenge responses ahead of time but must only post in response to each daily challenge after it has been posted but before that challenge deadline.
- Only one entry per group, per day. As noted on the calendar, some day’s challenges present an opportunity for bonus entries.
- Each entry must include the group number (GIN).
- Optional: Team captains may also include their team name in the post, if they have one.
- Pictures / Posts Any photos taken by a driver while the van is in motion will be automatically disqualified. Any photos that show the van being driven in an unsafe manner or being used in any way that is in conflict with the program rules and expectations will result in an automatic disqualification. Any photos or posts posted to our Facebook page may be used in future posts, published to our website, or used in promotional materials.
- Winners All prize winners will be determined by random drawing. Daily drawing winners will be selected each business day from the prior day’s challenge entries. Grand prize drawing winners will be selected from all submitted entries the following week after the Summer Challenge is complete.
Winning groups will receive MasterCard gift cards to share among group members. Consider using it for a group reward or get-together. Previous group winners have used rewards for bowling, daily coffee and donuts, and a group dinner.
Winning entries will be identified on Facebook and winning team captains will be contacted via their email on file with Rideshare Operations with details on how to redeem their gift cards.
- Deadlines Each daily challenge will be closed to entries at 8:00 a.m. the following business day with the exception of the final 08/19/16 daily challenge which will close to entries at 5:00 p.m. on that day.
- Grand Prizes
- Commuter Gold - $300
- Commuter Silver - $150
- Commuter Bronze - $75
- Daily Drawing Prizes Daily drawing winners will receive a $50 MasterCard gift card.
Contact us with questions by email at email@example.com or by phone at 206-625-4500.
Save money, save time and de-stress with a winning commute! Start a 12 passenger King County Metro vanpool and your first two months are free (Score!). If your van is still active after 6 months, your group of 8 or more ‘poolers will be rewarded $150 for your team to share. Learn about all the details and benefits of vanpooling.
- Must be a new Metro vanpool group.
- Groups must have 8 or more participants.
- Metro will pay for the first two months of the vanpool operation.
- All regular vanpool requirements apply.
- Payment will be in the form of vouchers mailed to groups’ bookkeeper who will submit them with the monthly reports.
- If the vanpool is still operating 6 months after the promotion, then the group will receive a $150 gift card to use as a group.
- Groups must not have participated in another agency van in the last 30 days.
- Vans must be started by November 2016 to qualify for the promotion.
- To get your 12th Van started, call or email 206-625-4500 or send an email.
Wheel Options Sizzlin’ Summer Around the Sound Challenge runs July 1 – 31! Join today and track your saved and shared commute days to make a difference, help the environment and enter to win cool prizes…did we mention prizes? You can also track and get credit for save/shared rides on non-commute days, too! Visit wheeloptions.org for complete details!
Start a NEW King County Metro vanpool or vanshare and each new participant could receive a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
Ready to get rewarded?
- You provide four (or more) other commuters you can share a ride to work with. Metro will provide the van, gas, insurance and maintenance. Check out our commuter van starter kit for tips on getting your van on the road and a worksheet to iron out the pertinent details.
- Collect a complete and signed program application from each member. Email all competed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 206-684-2166.
- Once all forms are received, your Rideshare Services Representative (RSR) will walk you through the rest of the process and help you get your new group on the road!
- After the formation process is complete (usually 2-3 weeks), your RSR will schedule a time for the van to be picked up and give your group instructions on how to redeem their $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
- To be considered a participant of a new group, the participant must be listed on the Statement of Understanding signed upon pick-up of the van. Anyone joining the group after this time will be considered to have joined an existing group.
- Participant must have a completed Metro commuter van program application on file with Rideshare Operations.
- Participant must not have participated in any commuter van program within the past three months prior to starting a new Metro commuter van.
- If an existing van splits into two groups, only the new participants of the new group who meet the criteria above will be eligible for this promotion.
- Promotion is only for New King County Metro vanpool or vanshare groups that start between January 1 and December 31, 2016.
Recruit a new participant into your, or any other existing King County Metro Commuter Van and get $50. Recruit three new participants and get $150!
Ready to get rewarded?
- Make sure the new participant completes a program application and faxes it to 206-684-2166 or scans and emails it to email@example.com The recruit request will not be processed without this application on file.
- Go to RideshareOnline.com to sign up for a new account (or log in to your existing account), click on the Rewards tab and select Incentive Programs.
- Click ‘Submit Request’ for the King County Metro Commuter Van – 2016 Recruit #1 and complete the form.
- If you have three recruits, repeat the process for King County Metro Commuter Van – 2016 Recruit #2 and 2016 Recruit #3
- Your recruit will then be sent an email and asked to confirm that you recruited them. Once your recruit verifies that you recruited them, you will receive a code to redeem your $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
- Recruit must join an existing vanpool or vanshare. For new commuter vans, this means only riders who you recruit after you start may be eligible.
- Recruiter and recruit must be current members of the King County Metro Commuter Van Program.
- Recruiting rewards are limited and are first come/first serve. Only two recruiting rewards per recruiter.
- Recruit must not have participated in any commuter van program within the past three months prior to joining a Metro commuter van.
- Recruit must have joined a Metro commuter van after program start date of December 1, 2015.
- Recruit and recruiter must both have a completed Metro commuter van program application file with Rideshare Operations.
- Recruiters who were rewarded in 2015 are encouraged to recruit again in 2016.
- King County Metro will not intervene or mediate in discrepancies or disputes between the recruit and recruiter.
The Commute Coach is the coordinator of the new vanpool or vanshare while the group is forming. The coach recruits commuters, organizes the group and assists the team to cross the finish line in their new commuter van. Earn a $100 MasterCard Rewards Card for organizing your new Metro vanpool or vanshare today!
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 711
- Fax: 206-684-2166
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; TTY users, please dial your relay service at 7-1-1 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 AM to 5 AM, Monday through Friday).