Rewards & Promotions
In a few short weeks the prestigious US Open will be teeing off right here in Puget Sound! Put on your fanciest plaid knickers, fire up your golf cart (a.k.a. vanpool) and play through to be a part of the action with the 2015 Metro Commuter Van Open!
Have a great caddy (bookkeeper) in your van? Feel like your “long drive” sets your group apart from other teams? Have what it takes to beat the water hazard? Grab your course map (PDF) and get ready to play each hole as a team!
About the course
Our 9-hole executive course was uniquely created to give every group a chance to win, no handicap required! Each day simply have one member of your team submit your entry to www.Facebook.com/KCMetroVans with your group number and the hashtag #CommuterGolf before 9:00pm to be entered in the daily drawing for a $77 MasterCard gift card. At the end of the course, all entries will be evaluated by the King County Metro commuter van social media team to select the birdie, eagle, and hole-in-one $100 MasterCard gift card winners.
Enter each day for a chance to win
Hole 1: “Caption This”
Create a witty comment to a fun golf/rideshare picture that we post.
Hole 2: “Trivia”
Answer a golf/rideshare trivia question.
Hole 3: “Safest Driver”
Submit in 300 characters or less what makes your primary driver the safest!
Hole 4: “Short Putt”
Describe your short commute (0-30 miles) and what you like about it.
Hole 5: “Water Hazard”
Submit a picture of your favorite “water hazard” (Puget Sound, Lake Washington, rain, puddle, etc.).
Hole 6: “Long Drive”
Describe your long commute (30+ miles) and what you like about it.
Hole 7: “Best Caddy”
Submit in 300 characters or less what makes your bookkeeper the best!
Hole 8: “Fill in the Blank”
Show your vanpool knowledge by completing the statement.
Hole 9: “Golf Fashion”
Submit a group photo decked out in your best golf fashion, plaid and argyle encouraged!
Promotion runs from June 9th – June 19th 2015.
Each participating King County Metro commuter van group needs to establish one “Team Captain” to submit entries. The Team Captain for the winning groups will receive one gift card to share with the entire group.
- All submitted entries must be posted on the King County Metro Commuter Van Facebook page (www.facebook.com/kcmetrovans) and must include either the Group Number (GIN) or the Vehicle Number (HOV) and the hashtag #CommuterGolf.
- Only one entry per group per day.
- Daily challenge winners will be drawn randomly. Birdie, eagle, and hole-in-one winners will be chosen by panel.
- Any photos taken by a driver while the van is in motion will be automatically disqualified. Any photos that show the van being driven in an unsafe manner, or being used in any way that is in conflict with the program rules and expectations, will result in an automatic disqualification.
- While vans from other agencies are welcome to play along—only members of King County Metro Commuter Vans are eligible to win prizes.
The random drawings for each daily challenge will take place at 9:00am on the following day. Winners will be notified shortly thereafter via email and Facebook post.
Start a NEW King County Metro vanpool or vanshare and each new participant could receive a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
Ready to get rewarded?
- You provide four (or more) other commuters you can share a ride to work with. Metro will provide the van, gas, insurance and maintenance. Check out our commuter van starter kit for tips on getting your van on the road and a worksheet to iron out the pertinent details.
- Collect a complete and signed program application from each member. Email all competed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 206-684-2166.
- Once all forms are received, your Rideshare Services Representative (RSR) will walk you through the rest of the process and help you get your new group on the road!
- After the formation process is complete (usually 2-3 weeks), your RSR will schedule a time for the van to be picked up and give your group instructions on how to redeem their $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
- To be considered a participant of a new group, the participant must be listed on the Statement of Understanding signed upon pick-up of the van. Anyone joining the group after this time will be considered to have joined an existing group.
- Participant must have a completed Metro commuter van program application on file with Rideshare Operations.
- Participant must not have participated in any commuter van program within the past three months prior to starting a new Metro commuter van.
- If an existing van splits into two groups, only the new participants of the new group who meet the criteria above will be eligible for this promotion.
- Promotion is only for New King County Metro vanpool or vanshare groups that start between January 1 and December 31, 2015.
Recruit a new participant into your, or any other existing King County Metro Commuter Van and get $50. Recruit two new participants and get $100!
Ready to get rewarded?
- Make sure the new participant completes a program application and faxes it to 206-684-2166 or scans and emails it to email@example.com The recruit request will not be processed without this application on file.
- Go to RideshareOnline.com to sign up for a new account (or log in to your existing account), click on the Rewards tab and select Incentive Programs.
- Click ‘Submit Request’ for the King County Metro Commuter Van – 2015 Recruit #1 and complete the form.
- If you have two recruits, repeat the process for King County Metro Commuter Van – 2015 Recruit #2
- Your recruit will then be sent an email and asked to confirm that you recruited them. Once your recruit verifies that you recruited them, you will receive a code to redeem your $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
- Recruit must join an existing vanpool or vanshare. For new commuter vans, this means only riders who you recruit after you start may be eligible.
- Recruiter and recruit must be current members of the King County Metro Commuter Van Program.
- Recruiting rewards are limited and are first come/first serve. Only two recruiting rewards per recruiter.
- Recruit must not have participated in any commuter van program within the past three months prior to joining a Metro commuter van.
- Recruit must have joined a Metro commuter van after program start date of December 1, 2014.
- Recruit and recruiter must both have a completed Metro commuter van program application file with Rideshare Operations.
- Recruiters who were rewarded in 2014 are encouraged to recruit again in 2015.
- King County Metro will not intervene or mediate in discrepancies or disputes between the recruit and recruiter.
Every month in 2015, 50 lucky winners will win a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card just for sharing the ride!
Simply start carpooling or participating in a van commute at least seven times a month (that's less than twice a week). Track your commute using the RideshareOnline.com calendar and you will automatically be entered into the monthly drawing.
Looking for a carpool partner or an existing commuter van to join? RideshareOnline.com can help. Register for your free account at RideshareOnline.com and this ridematching tool will securely match your trip with other registered co-workers or commuters who have a similar commute.
This promotion is open to new or existing carpool, vanpool and vanshare participants who live or work in King County. Drawings will be held on the 5th of each month, or the first business day after. The last drawing will be held on January 5, 2016 for December's commute calendar.
The Commute Coach is the coordinator of the new vanpool or vanshare while the group is forming. The coach recruits commuters, organizes the group and assists the team to cross the finish line in their new commuter van. Earn a $100 MasterCard Rewards Card for organizing your new Metro vanpool or vanshare today!
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 1-800-833-6388
- Fax: 206-684-2166
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Sharing a ride is rewarding.
Whether you carpool, vanpool or use vanshare in your commute, you can save time, utilize HOV lanes, and best of all, put money in your wallet saving you commute costs AND receiving rewards!
Bookmark this page and check back frequently to learn about new rewarding rideshare opportunities for King County commuters.