Rewards & Promotions
Sharing a ride is rewarding.
Whether you carpool, vanpool or use vanshare in your commute, you can save time, utilize HOV lanes, and best of all, put money in your wallet saving you commute costs AND receiving rewards!
Bookmark this page and check back frequently to learn about new rewarding rideshare opportunities for King County commuters.
If you are planning on taking the Water Taxi during the Alaskan Way Viaduct closure, use vanshare to get from your home to the Seacrest Ferry Dock or from Pier 50 to your workplace. Vanshare provides your group of three or more people with a first/last mile connection to transit and includes gas, insurance, maintenance and even a guaranteed ride home in the case of illness or emergency. To help reduce the impacts of the closure, we are offering these special vanshare perks:
- FREE vanshare when you connect to the Water Taxi.
- FREE reserved parking at Don Armeni Boat Ramp or near Pier 50.
- Get started with only three people instead of the usual five.
- Learn more about vanshare and how to get started.
- Not eligible for new van incentives unless van continues after the closure.
Here is a great opportunity for you to try out a Metro vanpool or vanshare and beat the Alaskan Way Viaduct closure! You can ride FREE in any King County Metro Commuter Van with availability for the duration of the closure (April 29, 2016 thru May 13, 2016).
Visit RideshareOnline.com to see if an existing commuter van matches your schedule. Many vans have extra room, you just need to confirm availability and arrange your ride with the group driver or public contact and complete this Ticket to Ride.
The closure of the Alaskan Way Viaduct is going to affect traffic all through the region. To help reduce the congestion, we are offering each King County Metro commuter van a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card when you fill up an empty seat in your van during the closure.
- Offer a free-ride to a co-worker or neighbor or find a potential rider at RideshareOnline.com.
- Have the rider complete the Ticket to Ride form to qualify for riding in your van for free.
- Send completed Ticket to Ride to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 206-684-2166.
- Take a picture of the new rider holding a sign that says #99Closure #NewRider.
- Share the picture to our Facebook page or email it to email@example.com.
- After the closure, we will send the public contact of your group a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
Start a NEW King County Metro vanpool or vanshare and each new participant could receive a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
Ready to get rewarded?
- You provide four (or more) other commuters you can share a ride to work with. Metro will provide the van, gas, insurance and maintenance. Check out our commuter van starter kit for tips on getting your van on the road and a worksheet to iron out the pertinent details.
- Collect a complete and signed program application from each member. Email all competed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 206-684-2166.
- Once all forms are received, your Rideshare Services Representative (RSR) will walk you through the rest of the process and help you get your new group on the road!
- After the formation process is complete (usually 2-3 weeks), your RSR will schedule a time for the van to be picked up and give your group instructions on how to redeem their $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
- To be considered a participant of a new group, the participant must be listed on the Statement of Understanding signed upon pick-up of the van. Anyone joining the group after this time will be considered to have joined an existing group.
- Participant must have a completed Metro commuter van program application on file with Rideshare Operations.
- Participant must not have participated in any commuter van program within the past three months prior to starting a new Metro commuter van.
- If an existing van splits into two groups, only the new participants of the new group who meet the criteria above will be eligible for this promotion.
- Promotion is only for New King County Metro vanpool or vanshare groups that start between January 1 and December 31, 2016.
Recruit a new participant into your, or any other existing King County Metro Commuter Van and get $50. Recruit three new participants and get $150!
Ready to get rewarded?
- Make sure the new participant completes a program application and faxes it to 206-684-2166 or scans and emails it to email@example.com The recruit request will not be processed without this application on file.
- Go to RideshareOnline.com to sign up for a new account (or log in to your existing account), click on the Rewards tab and select Incentive Programs.
- Click ‘Submit Request’ for the King County Metro Commuter Van – 2016 Recruit #1 and complete the form.
- If you have three recruits, repeat the process for King County Metro Commuter Van – 2016 Recruit #2 and 2016 Recruit #3
- Your recruit will then be sent an email and asked to confirm that you recruited them. Once your recruit verifies that you recruited them, you will receive a code to redeem your $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
- Recruit must join an existing vanpool or vanshare. For new commuter vans, this means only riders who you recruit after you start may be eligible.
- Recruiter and recruit must be current members of the King County Metro Commuter Van Program.
- Recruiting rewards are limited and are first come/first serve. Only two recruiting rewards per recruiter.
- Recruit must not have participated in any commuter van program within the past three months prior to joining a Metro commuter van.
- Recruit must have joined a Metro commuter van after program start date of December 1, 2015.
- Recruit and recruiter must both have a completed Metro commuter van program application file with Rideshare Operations.
- Recruiters who were rewarded in 2015 are encouraged to recruit again in 2016.
- King County Metro will not intervene or mediate in discrepancies or disputes between the recruit and recruiter.
The Commute Coach is the coordinator of the new vanpool or vanshare while the group is forming. The coach recruits commuters, organizes the group and assists the team to cross the finish line in their new commuter van. Earn a $100 MasterCard Rewards Card for organizing your new Metro vanpool or vanshare today!
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 1-800-833-6388
- Fax: 206-684-2166
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; TTY users, please dial your relay service at 7-1-1 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 a.m.to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 a.m.to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday).