Rideshare Rewards & Promotions
Sharing a ride is rewarding. Whether you carpool, vanpool or use vanshare in your commute, you can save time, utilize HOV lanes, and best of all, put money in your wallet saving you commute costs AND receiving rewards!
Bookmark this page and check back frequently to learn about new rewarding rideshare opportunities for King County commuters.
Recruit a new participant into your, or any other existing King County Metro Commuter Van and get $50. Recruit two new participants and get $100!
Ready to get rewarded?
- Make sure the new participant completes a program application and faxes it to 206-684-2166 or scans and emails it to email@example.com
- Go to RideshareOnline.com to sign up for a new account (or log in to your existing account), click on the Rewards tab and select Incentive Programs.
- Click ‘Submit Request’ for the King County Metro Commuter Van 2014 Recruit #1 and complete the form.
- If you have two recruits, repeat the process for King County Metro Commuter Van 2014 Recruit #2
- Once your recruit verifies that you recruited them, you will receive a code to redeem your $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
- Recruiter and recruit must be current members of the King County Metro Commuter Van Program.
- Recruiting rewards are limited and are first come/first serve. Only two recruiting rewards per recruiter.
- Recruit must not have participated in any commuter van program within the past three months prior to joining a Metro commuter van.
- Recruit must have joined a Metro commuter van after program start date of January 1, 2014.
- Recruit and recruiter must both have a completed Metro commuter van program application file with Rideshare Operations.
- Recruiters who were rewarded in 2013 are encouraged to recruit again in 2014.
- King County Metro will not intervene or mediate in discrepancies or disputes between the recruit and recruiter.
Every month in 2014, 50 lucky winners will win a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card just for sharing the ride!
Simply start carpooling or participating in a van commute at least seven times a month (that's less than twice a week). Track your commute using the RideshareOnline.com calendar and you will automatically be entered into the monthly drawing.
Looking for a carpool partner or an existing commuter van to join? RideshareOnline.com can help. Register for your free account at RideshareOnline.com and this ridematching tool will securely match your trip with other registered co-workers or commuters who have a similar commute.
This promotion is open to new or existing carpool, vanpool and vanshare participants who live or work in King County. Drawings will be held on the 5th of each month, or the first business day after. The last drawing will be held on January 5, 2015 for December's commute calendar.
The Commute Coach is the coordinator of the new vanpool or vanshare while the group is forming. The coach recruits commuters, organizes the group and assists the team to cross the finish line in their new commuter van. Earn a $100 MasterCard Rewards Card for organizing your new Metro vanpool or vanshare today!
Current and Upcoming Events
Metro vanpool or vanshare groups not in costume on Halloween? The very idea is frightening! So start planning your 2013 get-up now. Then email us a photo of you in costume with your van. (Please remember that decorating your van is not allowed). You'll all receive your very own commuter mug filled with candy treats for every trickster in your group. We will post the best photos on our Facebook page again this year. Remember that sending in even one rider in costume qualifies all riders in your group for the reward. More details to come! Connect with us on Facebook or Twitter KCMetroVans or email photo on 10/31/2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make it a monster-ously fine event!
Commuters Choice Award Past Winners!!
Volunteer of the Year 2013:
On Earth Day, April 22, 2013, Rideshare Operations announced the Commuter's Choice Award for 2013 Volunteer of the Year. Rick B. received the first place award and a $50 gift card for being a safe driver and for his skill in coordinating a 15-passenger vanpool for the last 20 years. Rick has been commuting from North Seattle to Boeing Everett, an 80 mile round trip commute since 1993! They've covered enough miles to drive to the moon and half way back! Winners were selected by a celebrity panel of traffic and news reporters: Adam Gehrke of Q13 Fox News, Danielle Saar from KOMO 4 News, and The Traffic Divas of KJR Sports Radio.
Halloween 2012 Costume Contest Winners:
Marko H. from REI in Kent you are the Commuter's Choice Awards Halloween Costume Contest first place winner and will receive a $100 Rideshare Rewards MasterCard. You looked like you just stepped out of central casting and onto the set of Breaking Bad. It would have been a crime if you didnt win. Really.
Van Group Winner:
Everyone got into the act so share-and-share-alike when you receive your Commuters Choice Awards Halloween Costume Contest! Tom G. did not stink as a fisherman from Deadliest Catch, Keri G. was the Liveliest Housewife to the Deadliest Catch guy, Carrie B. pulled strings as a Marionette and there was big buzz about Nathan D. as Peter Pan. The vanpool program needs more group families like you. Thanks for participating!
Bookkeeper of the Year 2012:
Kathy does a fantastic job of juggling the many complications of managing 4 vanshare groups, with 38 riders to send in monthly bookkeeping reports to Metro. She sends very informative communications to the riders so vouchers are submitted in a timely manner and keeps us all in the loop when ridership changes. Kathy sends out friendly reminders and current distribution lists, actively recruits riders, and keeps track of all the vouchers and paperwork. Most importantly, she is friendly, polite, organized, and supportive and keeps us all in line!
We couldnt do it without her!
Driver of the Year 2012:
The nomination for Barbara B. as the 2012 Driver of the Year includes an amazing profile. In addition to driving a 12-Passenger van 55 miles every day from North Seattle to REI in Kent, Barbara makes vanpooling sound irresistible. Here are the details Barbara juggles and coordinates for her vanpool:
- Knows all the side streets and road closures to plan detours.
- Tracks all riders so they'll have a ride home at night.
- Gives special 'orientation' to new vanpoolers if they are new REI hires.
- Organized and delivered wedding gift to a rider.
- Tunes into a comedy routine on the radio every day.
- On the first day of the viaduct closure; provided bottle water, muffins and handi-wipes.
- Drives her personal car and takes riders on snow days if riders carpool rather than vanpool.
- Makes sure that riders know all their employer commute benefits.
- Sends her riders off every morning with, "Have a fun day!"
Its a long list but Barbara has a long history of participation as a rider and a driver since 2001.
2014 King County Metro (KCMetroVans) Winter Challenge
Starting Monday, February 10, 2014, the King County Metro Commuter Van program is launching the KCMetroVans Winter Challenge!!!! All you need to do is choose a Team Captain for your van group, download a copy of the 2014 KCMetroVans Winter Challenge board and start submitting your entries and photos Monday, February 10, 2014!!! Want to complete the Mini-van* Pic Share blocks? Here is your Mini-van.
You may only submit one block from the KCMetroVans Winter Challenge Board per weekday (Monday - Friday) and you cannot receive credit for the same block more than once during the promotion. Blocks can be submitted in any order.
Send all submissions to email@example.com and include your group or van number. The group who completes the most challenge blocks on the board will win gold! Well, not really, but how does a $200 MasterCard Rewards Card for the group to share sound? Sounds like a bucket of snacks or a free lunch! Prizes will also be awarded for silver (2nd), bronze (3rd) place and weekly drawings. Want all the small print and complete information, rules and eligibility? Contest ends Friday, February 21, winners announced on Monday, Feb. 24!
Start a NEW King County Metro vanpool or vanshare and each new participant could receive a $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
Ready to get rewarded?
- You provide four (or more) other commuters you can share a ride to work with. Metro will provide the van, gas, insurance and maintenance. Check out our commuter van starter kit for tips on getting your van on the road and a worksheet to iron out the pertinent details.
- Collect a complete and signed program application from each member. Email all competed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 206-684-2166.
- Once all forms are received, your Rideshare Services Representative (RSR) will walk you through the rest of the process and help you get your new group on the road!
- After the formation process is complete (usually 2-3 weeks), your RSR will schedule a time for the van to be picked up and give your group instructions on how to redeem their $50 MasterCard Rewards Card!
- To be considered a participant of a new group, the participant must be listed on the Statement of Understanding signed upon pick-up of the van. Anyone joining the group after this time will be considered to have joined an existing group.
- Participant must have a completed Metro commuter van program application on file with Rideshare Operations.
- Participant must not have participated in any commuter van program within the past three months prior to starting a new Metro commuter van.
- If an existing van splits into two groups, only the new participants of the new group who meet the criteria above will be eligible for this promotion.
- Promotion is only for New King County Metro vanpool or vanshare groups that start between February 1 and December 31, 2014.
Connect with us:
For more information
Contact the Rideshare Services Representative at Metro Rideshare Operations:
- send an email
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 1-800-833-6388
- Fax: 206-684-2166
- Mailing Address: KSC-TR-0812, 201 South Jackson St, Seattle, WA 98104-0770