Vanshare: Bridging the gap
Commuter vans that connect you to…
Commuter vans that connect you to transit, ferries and trains
Great for groups of five or more commuters sharing the ride to or from a public transit link or hub.
The fare includes:
- Fuel (maximum 20-mile round trip daily commute)
- Vehicle maintenance
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Parking for the van at the commuter station or terminal
- Up to six emergency rides home per year (taxi reimbursement)
The vanshare group splits the monthly fare of $185.00
How to get started
Find an existing vanshare group
- Visit RideshareOnline.com, sign-up to create a profile and look for existing vanshare groups.
- Check the "Riders Wanted Bulletin" for groups seeking riders.
Join an existing vanshare group
- Once you've found a potential group, contact the driver to see if they have a seat available, confirm the work hours and ask to test out the van for a day to see if it is good fit.
- If you get the thumbs up to join, fill out a Commuter Van Program Application to start riding!
Start a new vanshare group
- Gather & recruit your group members: You will need at least five participants, including two who are willing to be volunteer drivers, and one to be a bookkeeper. Word of mouth is the best way to find riders so talk to friends and co-workers. You can also visit RideshareOnline.com to sign-up and create a profile to find potential commuters who could join your vanshare. Ask your employer if you may post a "Riders Wanted" sign to recruit riders.
- Plan the details: Talk among your group to determine the schedule, pick-up locations, and group operating guidelines.
- Fill out the paperwork: To participate, all members must fill out a Commuter Van Program Application. Submit the applications by the methods listed below.
- Start your commute! Once you hear back from us and complete the formation process, you will be good-to-go to start your new vanshare!
For all group members (this is required)
Print, read and complete a Commuter Van Program Application. Send completed application forms:
ATTN: Vanshare Program Coordinator
201 South Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 711
- Fax: 206-684-2166
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; TTY users, please dial your relay service at 7-1-1 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 AM to 5 AM, Monday through Friday).