How to get a Metro VanPool on the road
Find an existing vanpool or find others interested in forming one!
- Use RideshareOnline.com, your regional self-serve, online ridematching tool – sign up for a free account (or update your current account) to search for vans with similar commutes.
- Visit commuter van Resources to view Riders Wanted Bulletins in the yellow box.
About Metro Vanpools
- You just need four other people who live or work in King County to organize a vanpool. Have a larger group? No worries as King County has vans that fit up to 15-passengers. The more people, the lower the fare.
- Once you have gathered your van participants, you will need to decide on a route, pick-up points and schedule.
- Choose a primary driver and at least one back-up driver. The more approved drivers your group has helps distribute the driving responsibilities.
- Find out if you and your vanmates meet Metro volunteer driver requirements!
- You’ll also need a bookkeeper to collect fares and submit monthly reports.
- All participants need to complete the Metro Commuter Van Program Application & Agreement with Terms & Conditions – this single form is your ticket to getting everyone on board and on the way to a more relaxed commute! You may also call 206-625-4500 for assistance Once your pool is approved, drivers and bookkeepers take an online orientation course. And then, the driver will be scheduled to pickup the van.
- As a rider, you pay a low monthly fare that’s far below what you’d pay for gas, oil, insurance and parking — plus you save wear and tear on your car. And it’s worth asking if your employer is one of many who offer transportation subsidies for vanpooling.
- Registered vanpools may use the HOV lanes and go toll-free on SR 520, I-405 and the SR 167 Express Toll Lanes as well as sign up for priority boarding at the ferry docks. Ask your employer if vanpools get preferred parking at your worksite.
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 711
- Fax: 206-684-2166
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; TTY users, please dial your relay service at 7-1-1 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 AM to 5 AM, Monday through Friday).