Share The Ride. Connect To Transit. Get Reserved Parking!
TripPool is a King County Metro pilot program providing on-demand rideshare options to connect riders to transit in select areas. Metro-provided commuter vans make one round-trip each work day to a park & ride or transit center. Volunteer drivers pick-up and drop-off registered riders along the way. TripPool trips are coordinated by riders and drivers on their smartphone through the free mobile app, iCarpool.
TripPool is the first commuter service of its kind in the Nation. Join us on Mercer Island or contact us to see if it will be available in your area soon.
Request information or call 206-625-4500.
TripPool Fast Facts:
- TripPool is reliable. The Metro provided vehicle includes gas, insurance, and maintenance along with reserved parking and Emergency Ride Home.
- TripPool is flexible. Riders use iCarpool to choose the listed stop that works best for them. Drivers have the flexibility to make route adjustments.
- TripPool is convenient. With no monthly commitment, trip booking and fare payment is handled through the iCarpool mobile app when riders need a trip.
- TripPool is a fantastic value:
- Trips are free for the active driver of the trip.
- Riders pay for trips using iCarpool ‘ride credits’.
- TripPool riders who link their iCarpool and RideshareOnline.com account are reimbursed for charges above $2.75 (one-zone peak). Additionally, riders who also provide their ORCA card will be reimbursed 100%.
Riders and Drivers Wanted!
Currently, TripPool is operating on Mercer Island going to the Mercer Island park & ride with plans to roll out to parts of Auburn (Auburn Sounder Station), Bothell / Woodinville (Bothell park-and-ride), and Kenmore / Kirkland (TBD) later in 2017.
As we grow, we are looking for riders and drivers. We even have new driver and rider rewards as a way to say “Thank You” for helping us test this new pilot service.
Become a TripPool rider
Here are some quick tips:
- Download the iCarpool app from the App Store or Google Play
- On the payment screen enter ICARPOOL25 into the promotions and discount codes box to get $25 in FREE ride credits.
- Create/sign-into your RideshareOnline.com account and link it to your iCarpool account. Add the card number from your ORCA monthly pass to have all your charges reimbursed when riding in a TripPool
- Search for a TripPool going to your park & ride and book a trip!
Become a TripPool driver:
Any approved iCarpool driver can also apply to be a TripPool driver. Just follow the steps below:
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 711
- Fax: 206-684-2166
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; TTY users, please dial your relay service at 7-1-1 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 AM to 5 AM, Monday through Friday).