Community Van is a new rideshare pilot program brought to you by King County and participating cities (currently Duvall) to provide community members with a new way to share the ride. This is the latest in a series of unique alternative services Metro is piloting in communities throughout King County. These services are designated to provide residents with customized options for getting around when bus service can’t meet their needs.
How it works
- Community members travel together to local destinations throughout the day, evening and weekends.
- Group trips and stops are preplanned ahead of time by a Community Transportation Coordinator.
- Riders contact their Community Transportation Coordinator to find pre-scheduled Community Van trips or see trips on this page posted by others.
- Trips must have at least two passengers in addition to the volunteer driver. Each rider will pay a one-zone Metro fare while the driver travels for free.
- Riders request a trip through the listed trip contact or Community Transportation Coordinator.
- Riders can suggest a trip they know is popular with their friends and neighbors.
- Accessible Community Vans are available upon request. Tell the Community Transportation Coordinator about your needs before your trip.
We are recruiting volunteer drivers
Support your neighbors, your community and help the environment by becoming a Community Van volunteer driver. You can choose which trips you drive and how many times you drive a week.
How to become an approved Community Van volunteer driver:
Start driving for your community:
After receiving and reviewing your application, Metro and your Community Transportation Coordinator will contact you to help you get started and on the road sharing community trips.
Got a great idea for a shared trip in your community? Tell us about it!
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 711
- Fax: 206-684-2166
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; TTY users, please dial your relay service at 7-1-1 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 AM to 5 AM, Monday through Friday).