Carpooling Made Easy
Use RideshareOnline.com to discover who is available to carpool or vanpool in a matter of minutes using self-serve online ridematching.
Once you've found carpool partners, the rest is easy. For a smooth commute, make sure you:
- Decide who will drive when. Make sure everyone has a list with each carpooler's home and work phone numbers in case of illness or emergency.
- Choose a convenient meeting place, like a Park & Ride lot, or pick each person up at home.
- Set a few rules, like:
- How long you'll wait for late riders.
- Smoking or non?
- Food and drink okay in the car?
- Music, news or nothing?
Other helpful hints:
- Make sure the vehicle is running well and has gas.
- Check your insurance$mdash;some policies offer rate reductions for ridesharing.
- Check for preferential, free or reduced-rate parking. It all pays off!
Try Real-Time Rideshare in SE Redmond and Willows Road
Are you a SE Redmond or Willows Road commuter?
Interested in participating in a Real-Time Rideshare pilot?
Want to be reimbursed for making your regular commute trips?
Drivers use a free mobile app and their own vehicles to share trips they are taking anyway with other riders going their way. Riders pay a small fare through the app and drivers are reimbursed for fuel through the app. For more information on this project, please visit City of Redmond's Real-Time Rideshare pilot page.
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 711
- Fax: 206-684-2166
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; TTY users, please dial your relay service at 7-1-1 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 AM to 5 AM, Monday through Friday).