Metro Commuter Van Program
America's Leading Public Commuter Van Provider --- and getting more popular all the time!
Metro leads the way with the oldest and largest public commuter van program. Trailblazers in ridesharing, both VanPool and VanShare have been guiding resources for other commute programs around the country. Watch this video.
VanPool provides the van and everything else for successful ridesharing: rider support services, maintenance, insurance, fuel, tires and training. Groups of five to fifteen people all over the Puget Sound region are choosing to vanpool.
VanShare bridging the gap between you and public transportation. VanShare is a group of five or more commuters also using a King County provided van. The difference is VanShares bridge the gap between a public transportation mode and a final destination.
Metropool set up by Metro for small groups to experience and enjoy 100% electric vanpool and vanshare commuting. Watch this video.
- Want to know more about these wonderful ways to commute?
- Interested in joining one of over 1000 vanpool or vanshare groups already on the road?
- Like to start a vanpool or vanshare?
... Just check out the Commuter Vans menu on the left for information and services available to you.
Program Resources also links Metro Commuter Van drivers, bookkeepers and riders to useful van operating and administrative information.
Contact the Rideshare Services Representative at Metro Rideshare Operations:
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 1-800-833-6388
- Fax: 206-684-2166
- Mailing Address: KSC-TR-0812, 201 South Jackson St, Seattle, WA 98104-0770