Metro Carpooling Made Easy
Use RideshareOnline.com to discover who is available to carpool or vanpool in a matter of minutes using self-serve online ridematching.
Once you've found your carpool partners, the rest is easy. For a smooth commute, make sure you:
- Decide who will drive when. Make sure everyone has a list with each carpooler's home and work phone numbers in case of illness or emergency.
- Choose a convenient meeting place, like a Park & Ride lot, or pick each person up at home.
- Set a few rules, like:
Decide on costs. If you share the driving equally, you don't have to exchange money. If one person drives, divide the cost among the passengers.
Make sure the vehicle is running well and has gas.
Check your insurance -- some policies offer rate reductions for ridesharing.
Check for preferential, free or reduced-rate parking. It all pays off!
- How long you'll wait for late riders.
- Smoking or non?
- Food and drink okay in the car?
- Music, news or nothing?
Prepared for Emergencies?
Snow, floods... before an emergency hits, use this helpful commuter checklist [.pdf] to get prepared.
Contact the Rideshare Services Representative at Metro Rideshare Operations:
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 1-800-833-6388
- Fax: 206-684-2166
- Mailing Address: KSC-TR-0812, 201 South Jackson St, Seattle, WA 98104-0770