Welcome to the Coaches' Corner
Get in the Game.
Pledge to be a Commute Coach!
Every team needs a coach. The Commute Coach is the coordinator of the commuter van while the group is forming. The coach recruits commuters, organizes the group, and assists the team to cross the finish line in their new Metro vanpool or vanshare. The coach is a participant in a current or future King County Metro commuter van.
Through the Commute Coach program, coaches will receive support and resources from Metro to build a team. Coaches can also join the online community to seek advice from other coaches as well as share their expertise.
Build your team strategy
- Talk to your Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC) or Human Resources Representative at work!
- Check out resources for recruiting riders for helpful hints on finding riders and posting signs around your work/home.
- Vanpool Starting Sign
- Start training! Practice your vanpool or vanshare commute with the riders you find and rideshare in one of your private vehicles.
Implement your game plan – team roster confirmed and ready to go
- Complete a Commute Coach checklist.
- Each participant completes a Metro Commuter Van Program Application & Agreement (revised 12-2011).
- Contact a Metro Rideshare Representative for assistance starting your commuter van:
East and North. If you work in Bellevue, Bothell, Canyon Park, Eastgate, Fall City, Issaquah, Kirkland, Mercer Island, North Bend, Redmond, Sammamish, Snoqualmie or Woodinville, contact Jason Halvorson at 206-684-2043 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
West, South, North, commute by ferry, or want to start a vanshare. If you work in Auburn, Bremerton, Burien, Everett, Federal Way, Kent, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Renton, Seatac, Seattle, Shoreline, Tacoma or Tukwila, commute by ferry, or would like to start a vanshare, contact Julie Paone at 206-684-1529 or email@example.com.
Cross the finish line and claim your van
- Commute Coaches who successfully start a King County Metro vanpool or vanshare are eligible to receive a $100 MasterCard Gift Card. See Rules and Eligibility for details.
Contact Metro Rideshare Operations:
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 1-800-833-6388
- Fax: 206-684-2166
- Mailing Address: KSC-TR-0812, 201 South Jackson St, Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Commuter Van Fare Increase Begins April 1. 2013
Learn more »
Prepared for Emergencies?
Snow, floods... before an emergency hits, use this helpful commuter checklist to get prepared.
And, if you are an employer too, here is an employer checklist.