Commute Coach — Get in the Game
Every team needs a coach. The Commute Coach is the coordinator of the commuter van while the group is forming. The coach recruits commuters, organizes the group, and assists the team to cross the finish line in their new Metro vanpool or vanshare. The coach is a participant in a current or future King County Metro commuter van.
Through the Commute Coach program, coaches will receive support and resources from Metro to build a team. Coaches can also join the online community to seek advice from other coaches as well as share their expertise.
Build your team strategy
- What is a Metro VanPool?
- What is a Metro VanShare?
- Register at www.RideshareOnline.com and create a trip then contact the commuters from the match list. Review tips for finding new team members to get the most out of your ridematching efforts.
- Test your Ridesharing Knowledge with our Commute Coach Quiz.
- Talk to your Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC) or Human Resources Representative at work!
- Check out resources for recruiting riders for helpful hints on finding riders and posting signs around your work/home.
- Vanpool Starting Sign
- Start training! Practice your commute trip with the riders you find and rideshare in one of your private vehicles.
Implement your game plan — team roster confirmed and ready to go
- Each participant completes a Metro Commuter Van Program Application & Agreement (revised 12-2011).
- Contact a Metro Rideshare Representative for assistance starting your commuter van!
Cross the finish line and claim your van
Commute Coaches who successfully start a King County Metro vanpool or vanshare are eligible to receive a $100 MasterCard Gift Card. See Rules and Eligibility for details.
- Local Calls: 206-625-4500
- Toll Free: 1-800-427-8249
- TTY Relay: 1-800-833-6388
- Fax: 206-684-2166
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104-0770
Accessible commuter vans are available to groups upon request; TTY users, please dial your relay service at 7-1-1 to get in touch with rideshare staff (available 8 a.m.to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday); RideshareOnline.com translation service available to ESL customers via a conference by calling 206-625-4500 (available 8 a.m.to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday).