Passes & transfers
NOTE: Effective July 1, 2013, Metro ticketbook sales to the general public will be discontinued.
Orders by phone at 624-PASS (206-624-7277) or Metro Online at buypass.kingcounty.gov/ will be accepted through June 25. Any mail orders must be received by Metro by June 25 for processing. You may also purchase through existing 3rd party retail locations through June 30, and Metro pass sales offices through June 28.
The ORCA card electronically carries your pass and E-purse.
- Cost: $5, plus the cost of any pass or e-purse value loaded on the card.
- Accepted for fare payment by Metro Transit, King County Water Taxi, Community Transit, Everett Transit, Kitsap Transit, Pierce Transit, Sound Transit, and Washington State Ferries if appropriate pass or E-purse is loaded on your card.
» View ORCA Pass products & prices
» ORCA Q & A
» Buy Online
Stored value on the ORCA card used in place of cash.
- Cost: $5-$300 can be added to the E-purse.
- E-purse is held on your ORCA card
- E-purse value will automatically be used to supplement a pass if the fare for a trip is worth more than the pass value
- If you pay with your E-purse, you will get a two-hour transfer credit
- Accepted for fare payment by Metro Transit buses, King County Water Taxi, Sound Transit, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Transit, Everett Transit, and Washington State Ferries. The E-purse cannot be used on Access Transportation.
Books of paper tickets used in place of cash.
- Available in the following amounts:
Book of 20 - $0.75 tickets for $15.00
Book of 10 - $1.25 tickets for $12.50
Book of 12 - $2.25 tickets for $27.00
Book of 20 - $2.50 tickets for $50.00
Book of 20 - $3.00 tickets for $60.00
- You may request a Metro paper transfer when paying with a Metro ticket on Metro Transit service.
- Accepted for fare payment by Metro Transit and Metro-operated Sound Transit Regional Express routes 522, 540, 545, 550, 554, 555, 556 and 560.
A regional transit pass valid for unlimited rides in the valid month.
- Cost: $18 to $189
- Available in fare values of 50 cents to $5.25
- PugetPasses are held on your ORCA card
- If your ride costs more than the trip value purchased, you must pay the difference between the trip cost and pass value for bus service
- Accepted for regular service operated by Metro Transit, Community Transit, Everett Transit, Kitsap Transit, Pierce Transit and Sound Transit
A combination monthly pass valid for Metro Vanpool riders that provides unlimited rides on Metro buses.
- Cost: $90.00 for one zone or $108.00 for two zones
- Available only for Metro’s Vanpool riders
- Vanpool passes are held on your ORCA card
- Valid for up to $2.50 fare (one-zone pass) or up to $3.00 fare (two-zone pass)
- The cost of the pass can be credited toward monthly Vanpool fee
- Accepted on Metro Transit only
A monthly pass valid for unlimited rides in the valid month.
- Cost: $45/month
- Available only for approved Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) participants with valid Access identification
- Access passes are held on your ORCA card
- Accepted as full fare on King County Metro buses, King County Water Taxi, South Lake Union Streetcar, Accessible Service vans and all Sound Transit service including LINK light rail, Sounder and Regional Express buses, including those operating in neighboring counties.
Metro paper transfers
- Cost: Free when you pay with cash on Metro Transit.
- Accepted only on Metro buses (not valid on Metro-operated Sound Transit buses). If you are paying with cash and use more than one transit system you will have to pay a fare each time you board a different bus.