Metro to and from Sea-Tac Airport
Travelers departing on all flights should plan their bus trip to arrive with sufficient time to go through security prior to take-off.
Fast, convenient, and inexpensive, buses arrive at and leave from the far south end of Sea-Tac Airport baggage claim area, outside door number 2 and from International Blvd & S 176 St. Departure times are shown on information signs at the bus stop. You also can pick up printed bus timetables on the baggage claim level near door number 16 (across from baggage carousel 12).
You can use Metro's online Trip Planner to help you plan your trip to and from the airport:
All buses on the Metro and Sound Transit routes listed below are fully accessible for passengers with wheelchairs or walkers. Buses also have bike racks which hold three bikes.
Metro drivers are very helpful if you are new to Seattle and have questions about our system. Just ask.
The following bus routes provide daily airport service to and from Sea-Tac Airport:
- Metro Route 124 - Daily early morning airport service to and from downtown Seattle.
Departure times: from downtown Seattle: 2:15 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.
Travel time: 30 minutes.
- Metro Route 180 - Service to and from Burien, Kent and Auburn, weekdays, Saturday and Sunday from early mornings to early evenings. Includes "Night Owl" service from Auburn and Kent nightly.
- RapidRide Line - Service to and from Federal Way Transit Center, weekdays, Saturday and Sunday.
Departure times: Weekdays: every 10-15 minutes 4:15 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Saturday, Sunday & Holidays: every 15 minutes 4:45 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Late Night/Early Mornings: see schedule.
- Sound Transit Route 560 [external link] - Daily service to and from Bellevue, Renton, Burien and West Seattle.
Departure times: every 30 minutes on weekdays and every 60 minutes on Saturday and Sunday.
Travel time: 45 minutes to and from Bellevue; 15 minutes to and from Renton; 40 minutes to and from West Seattle.
- Sound Transit Route 574 [external link] - Daily service to and from Lakewood, Tacoma and Sea-Tac Airport.
Departure times: every 30 minutes 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. weekdays and 12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Saturday & Sunday and every 60 minutes at earlier and later times.
- Sound Transit Link Light Rail [external link] - Link light rail operates from the Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel, through south Seattle to Sea-Tac Airport with frequent service.
Monday-Saturday from 5:21 a.m. to 12:38 p.m.
Sunday from 6:21 a.m. to 11:38 p.m.
Take Link light rail to downtown Seattle and connect with Metro buses serving other Seattle neighborhoods. If your destination is north of Metro's service area, you can connect with Community Transit buses. Community Transit [external link] can be reached at 425-353-7433 or toll-free at 1-800-562-1375 for schedule information.
From downtown Seattle you can also board a Washington State Ferry [external link] to reach destinations across Puget Sound.
ST 574 heads south to Federal Way and connections with Pierce Transit serving Tacoma and vicinity. Route 574 continues south from Federal Way to Tacoma and Lakewood. Call Metro Customer Information at 206-553-3000 or toll-free at 1-800-542-7876 or Pierce Transit [external link] at 253-581-8000 or toll-free at 1-800-562-8109 for schedule information.
Bus & Fly
It is best to arrange for drop off and pick up at park and rides as there is a 72 hour time limit for parking that is strictly enforced.
What and How to Pay on Metro Transit.
Have the exact fare ready. Drivers cannot make change. You may ask for a free transfer, good for 90 minutes, to other connections in any direction.