General DART information
Metro's Dial-a-Ride Transit (DART) offers variable routing in some areas within King County. By using vans that can go off regular routes to pick up and drop off passengers within a defined service area, DART service may allow you to arrange for transit service closer to a location. DART does not go door-to-door. It operates on a fixed schedule, but one that has more flexibility than regular Metro Transit buses.
The cost for DART service is the same as regular bus rides on Metro and is available to everyone.
DART service hours and days vary from route to route. Select a DART route number below for more information.
To use DART, call toll-free 1-866-261-DART(3278) (voice), or 1-800-246-1646 (TTY) during the following hours; you may leave a message at all other times:
- Monday through Friday 5:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Sundays: 9:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
When you call for a reservation, be prepared with the locations of where you want to start and where you want to go. The reservationist will determine if you are in the service area of a DART route and will tell you when and where to meet the van. The pick-up or drop-off point does not need to be a regular bus stop, and it may not be right at your desired location. You are asked to be at the designated location at the given pick-up time.
You can also make your reservation online directly through Hopelink's web site [external link]. Hopelink operates DART under a contract with King County Metro Transit.
It may not always be possible to be picked up exactly when or where you want to be, since vans may already be full or unable to go far enough off route.
Due to the fact that a limited number of off-route deviations can be made on any given trip, reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. You need to make your trip request at least two hours before you want to be picked up. You can make your reservations for 30 days at a time and up to 30 days in advance.
DART can also connect you with regular Metro service at a transit center or other transfer point within its service area.
DART Service Areas:
- West Seattle - Route 773 and Route 775
- Federal Way - Route 901 and Route 903
- Fairwood, Valley, Medical Center, Southcenter - Route 906
- Enumclaw, Black Diamond, Maple Valley, Renton - Route 907
- Renton Highlands, Lake Kathleen - Route 908 and Route 909
- North Auburn, Supermall - Route 910
- Kent, NW Kent - Route 913
- Kent East Hill - Route 914 and Route 916
- Auburn, Enumclaw - Route 915
- Algona-Pacific - Route 917
- North Auburn/Southeast Auburn - Route 919
- Issaquah, Lake Sammamish Plateau - Route 927
- Redmond, Kingsgate - Route 930
- Bothell, Woodinville, Redmond - Route 931
- Kenmore, Juanita, Kingsgate - Route 935
For other information about bus service, call Metro Rider Information at 206-553-3000, TTY users call 206-684-1739 or use our online Trip Planner.