Weekday: To Downtown, Madrona, Judkins Park Effective Sept. 26, 2015 thru Mar. 25, 2016 Effective Sept. 26, 2015 thru Mar. 25, 2016 Effective Sept. 26, 2015 thru Mar. 25, 2016 Effective Sept. 26, 2015 thru Mar. 25, 2016
The following notes apply only if the codes are found in the schedule:
- C - Begins at 5th Ave S & S Jackson St 8 minutes earlier.
- D - Continues as Route 13 to Seattle Center West and Seattle Pacific University.
- J - See Special Service Information box.
- K - First stop is 34th Ave & E Marion St. Does NOT serve the bus stop at 34th Ave & E Union St.
- N - To 3rd Ave & Virginia St only.
- R - Bus begins on 3rd Ave at Pine St about 2 minutes earlier.
- V - Begins on 21st Ave at E James St about 2 minutes earlier.
- W - Bus leaves at this time. It arrives several minutes earlier.
Special Service Information
- Weekdays: During late night and early morning hours, the Route 3 loop on Queen Anne Hill to 1st Ave W & W Raye St is served by Route 4. Buses are signed "East Queen Anne Via Night Route." Board Route 4 buses at all times. Affected trips in the schedule are marked with the symbol "J."
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays - During late night and early morning hours on Saturday, and all day Sunday and holidays, the Route 3 loop on Queen Anne Hill to 1st Ave W & West Raye St is not served. All trips from downtown Seattle operate as Route 4 and will serve the Route 4 loop, only. Affected trips in the schedules are marked with the symbol "J." Midday Saturday, Route 3 from downtown Seattle terminates at Queen Anne Ave N & McGraw St. After a layover at Queen Anne & McGraw, service through the loop is provided as buses return to downtown.
- Funds from a partnership with the City of Seattle pay for 45 additional trips on route 3 and 4 every weekday.
- Construction Reroute - A long-term construction project to rebuild 23rd Ave and 23rd Ave S, tentatively scheduled for late March or early April, will cause Route 4 to Judkins Park to be discontinued. All service from downtown will terminate at 21st Ave. Metro will provide advance notice of the start date for the construction reroute. Please watch for Rider Alerts on the Judkins Park portion of Route 4, or contact Metro at 206-553-3000 or visit www.kingcounty.gov/metro for current status of the project and transit service.