Who will benefit?
Multifamily property owners or managers early in the development process
- Helps to ensure you are planning to provide the appropriate number of parking spaces during the design and permitting process. See here for more information on right-sizing parking in your buildings.
- Reduces congestion around your building by encouraging transit use, lessening the impact on your neighbors and improving the experience for your residents.
- Demonstrates a commitment to mitigating certain environmental impacts to both neighbors and municipalities.
- Secures LEED points and promotes environmental sustainability.
Multifamily property owners or managers after ground breaking
- Provides a new, attractive, and valuable amenity to residents.
- Some residents may choose to go carless, freeing up a valuable parking space.
- Improves competitiveness in a crowded real estate market.
- Provides a single card to access comprehensive transit services throughout the region.
- Housing costs plus transportation can make up a substantial part of a household’s budget. The ORCA Passport gives residents a reliable transportation option that is easy to budget for!
- Increases flexibility when choosing how to get to work, school, run errands, and see friends.
Metro Transit Division
King County Department of Transportation
201 South Jackson Street
Seattle, WA 98104-3856
Market Development, Service Development
Send Daniel an email
or call 206-477-5788