Service cut plan revised
In case no new funding becomes available, Metro is finalizing its proposal to cut service to balance our budget. Based on the forecast of increased sales tax revenue released in March, we have scaled back our proposed cuts from 600,000 annual service hours (about 17 percent of current service) to 550,000 hours (about 16 percent of current service).
The revised proposal, which is still in draft form, would do the following:
- Delete 72 routes (formerly 74)
- Change 84 routes (formerly 107)
- Leave 58 routes unchanged (formerly 33)
After the proposal is final, we will update the route-by-route details on this website. In the meantime, here are two info sheets that summarize the current draft proposal:
- Table of routes to be deleted, reduced/revised, and unchanged (PDF)
- High-level summary of the current draft proposal (PDF)
Metro’s funding shortfall
Effects on service
- Metro is considering public feedback received through Feb. 7 and a new financial forecast, and preparing a revised set of recommended service cuts.
- If the ballot measure is approved, Metro will not send the revised set of recommended cuts to the King County Council.
- If the current ballot measure is not approved, Metro will send the revised set of recommended service changes to the King County Council after April 22. The council will consider these changes in May.